Learn here how to prepare loose leaf tea in a teapot. It is quite simple, but a few tips and tricks might help make this moment even better.
Preparing herbal tea becomes like a ritual after time. It is an invitation to relax, discuss, daydream while sipping on delightful aromas. Drinking a warm cup of herbal tea helps to get through the cold months, stay warm, healthy and cosy. It is also lovely to drink herbal flavorful teas, warm or cold in the summer.
Make tea in a teapot to have a little bit more, to share at home or at work !
- A teapot with infuser
- A kettle
- A tea cup/mug (or two if you have company!)
- Organic loose leaf herbal tea (single herb tea or a nice blend)
How to prepare loose leaf tea in a teapot :
- Take your favorite teapot with an infuser
- Boil the water to the desired temperature (for herbal teas, just before the boiling point is usually good)
- Warm the teapot and cups by pouring some of the hot water into them
- Discard the water
- Put two tablespoons of crushed organic loose leaf herbal tea in your favorite teapot
- Pour the hot water on the leaves
- Cover and let it steep for 3 to 10 minutes
- Taste and remove the infuser when it tastes just how you want it
- Drink hot, warm or cold
Shop for a teapot
You can find handmade ceramic teapots, glass ones and cast iron teapots. I will write on them in a post shortly.
Here are my picks of the day !
Removable stainless steel infuser. Large enough to brew 4-5 cups at a time. 37 oz
|Sotya 40 Ounce Japanese tetsubin Cast Iron Teapot |
Cast iron construction keeping water warm or cold for longer time. 40 Ounce with infuser.
|Japanese Tea Set For 2|
Tea Pot 12.8 oz, 2 Tea Cups, Tea Pot Infuser.
|Amazing Ceramic Tea Kettle|
BELLA 1.2L Electric Ceramic Tea Kettle with detachable base and boil dry protection.
In conclusion, using a teapot is a nice way to make a little bit more herbal tea at a time, and you can enjoy it hot, warm or cold. It is just so easy to prepare loose leaf tea in a teapot. It also helps drinking more liquid during the day when preparing that extra amount of herbal tea.
Herbal tea is like uplifted water !